Saturday, July 6, 2013

Introductions

Hi, my name is Bri. And your's is ___________. 


There, now that we are aquainted I can begin to tell you more about what this Glorious Adventure is about :)


The adventure started when I realized that my life is not my own. My eyes were opened to the fact that Jesus was way more important than I thought. I swallowed my pride and went and talked to leaders in my life about what it really looked like to follow Jesus, to believe in Him, and to live for Him. In that moment of giving my life over to Jesus, God saved me from living a wasted life. These past few years have been full of good times and hard times, but life is so much different when you know that God is over all of it. That is why I chose to start this blog (other than the fact that it's a super trendy and cool thing to do......kidding). Really though, I want to use this life God has granted me to make much of Him. So, where is the first stop on this Glorious Adventure? 



Zambia, Africa.



Haha! That's not your average summer after high school huh? That's exactly the point. God has given me a desire to leverage my life for His glory, so that is what I am seeking to do. He opened the door wide open to be a part of this journey, and I am grabbing hold of it and trusting that He will keep His promises. I can't say I'm not scared, but I can say that I have the most incredible sense of peace I have ever had. I'm ready to see how God uses this adventure for His glory and my good. 


I hope you continue to follow my journey through this handy dandy blog. In the meantime, I ask that you would pray for this journey. I can't tell you the power that God has given me because of the prayers of my family and friends. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working (shoutout from James 5:16). I encourage you to be a part of this adventure with me by praying. God not only uses prayer to change others lives, He uses it to change your's too. 


Take off: 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment